The ParkMyCloud team is looking forward to attending our first Microsoft Ignite conference this year! The sold-out event, which will take place November 4–8 in Orlando, is a gathering of more than 25,000 Microsoft users focused on building solutions and managing infrastructures. Here are three things to look forward to at the conference.
As with other tech conferences, Microsoft will make plenty of product and service announcements at Ignite 2019. At the 2018 conference, more than 150 announcements covered product and roadmap highlights across AI/Machine Learning, Analytics, Blockchain, Compute, Containers, Databases, Developer Tools, DevOps, Identity, Integration, IoT, Management and Governance, Microsoft Azure Stack, Migration, Mobile, Networking, Security, Storage, Web, and Windows Virtual Desktop.
Highlights from last year include doing away with passwords using Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Surface Hub 2 whiteboards, Microsoft Teams updates, Azure Digital Twins, and more — so we’re sure 2019 will have some exciting releases in store.
2. Speakers & Sessions
Featured speakers at the event include leaders from throughout Microsoft — but it doesn’t stop there. There are currently 1445 sessions on the calendar — more than 500 of which are on Azure. Typically when confronted with this volume of options, we recommend that you pick 1–2 goals of things you would like to learn or questions you would like to get answered for your business, and look for relevant sessions from there. Many sessions will be recorded and posted online, so keep that in mind if you are interested in sessions at conflicting times — you can always come back to them.
That said, here are a few sessions we thought looked particularly interesting:
- THR1004 — A real-world smart city: How Richmond VA is transforming citizen services
- WRK 3017 — Accelerating natural language processing development with Azure Machine Learning
- UNC1010 — Achieving zero downtime deployments with Azure DevOps and Kubernetes
- BRK3181 — Advanced monitoring: Five Azure Monitor best practices you should know
- BRK3190 — Analyze, manage, and optimize your cloud cost with Azure Cost Management
- BRK1074 — Announcing Bing Maps Geospatial Analytics Platform Preview for Enterprise Business Planning
- BRK3062 — API management for microservices in a hybrid and multi-cloud world
- BRK2021 — Architecting and implementing governance across your Azure subscriptions
- THR2186 — Azure Databricks and Azure Machine Learning better together
Check out also the 140 (!) podcasts that will broadcast live during the event.
Of course, part of the conference experience is the fun surrounding all the sessions. Be sure to spend some time in the expo hall to meet vendors, see product demos, get swag, and enter drawings for the chance to win cool prizes.
Don’t miss Thursday evening after party — this year, it’s at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Island of Adventure, which means you can explore Hogsmeade and more with access to the parks and rides, food and drink, and more.
See You at Microsoft Ignite 2019
We hope to see you at the event! We’ll be joining our parent company Turbonomic at booth #1713 in the expo hall. Schedule a time to stop by — we’d love to chat cost optimization for Azure and hear what you think of the event.
Originally published at www.parkmycloud.com on October 4, 2019.